It happens to us almost every day; it is harmful, but sometimes pleasant if you think self-pity will help you to draw attention. When you understand that you don’t need to nurture that feeling any more you may proceed with the following steps:
1. Combing. After a working day spent in front of PC screen, mimic muscles are so strained that the head becomes heavy and it hurts you. One of the ways to avoid stress is combing during 10-15 minutes. It helps to disperse blood stagnation and to relax facial muscles.
2. Eat an ice-cream. Tasty food is an effective antidepressant. Also rich fish could help you as it contains omega-3 fatty acid which is very healthy for the nervous system. If you don’t like fish, eat an ice-cream or a banana.
3. Massage. In order to preserve the energy, keep pressing during 30 seconds the points under the nose, between brows and below the lower lip; massaging pressure points will make your more active.
4. Hand-rubbing. Another means to tame stress and relieve nervous tension is hand-rubbing; also it is useful to rub ears, it will help you to concentrate on work.
5. Wash away your stress and conflict. A 15-minutes shower will help you to cope with negative emotions and even to take off them.
6. Paint. The psychologists discovered that painting 2-3 minutes during stress may help you increase your productivity at work.
7. Housework. De-clutter your room or all house, it will help you to put in order your thoughts, besides visual order makes a psychological effect : external order and organization can make you calm and self-disciplined.
8. Aromatherapy. You might have a favorite smell (for example lavender, lemon, rose or pin-tree), let it be with you in difficult moments of your life, it will have an uplifting effect or just remind of some pleasant associations.
9. Dance. Dance at home! Rhythmic movements can help you to relieve stress, of course you can do it in night club or fitness club, but dancing at home is more cheap and safe J
10. Sleep. There is a good proverb “Morning is wiser than evening”, that means that any of your negative emotions or ambiguity may vanish after a good sleep.
When you are stressed, or you feel lost or alone, think of people who love you and try to overcome these feeling for the sake of them! Do something you like, listen to your favorite music, watch your favorite movie and read your favorite book; go for a walk and take a rest under a warm plaid.
Think positive and don’t let stress conquer you, life has much more bright aspects than gloomy ones!!!